Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Use Peppermint oil as part of your Weight Loss Plan


Peppermint is an oil that has a wide variety of uses.  One thing I learned recently is that peppermint can help curb your appetite.  It also helps you with your sugar cravings.  In 2007, there was a study done at the Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia on the affects of Peppermint on appetite control and caloric intake.  Those who used peppermint in the study consumed 2800 fewer calories a week than those who did not use peppermint.  Participants who used the oil also noted that they were not as hungry and did not crave sugar.

Peppermint also increases the sense of fullness after eating - also known as satiety.  It also happens to enhance the flavors and tastes of the food you eat.

There you go.  Every day I learn more and more about these oils and I'm amazed at what they can do.  I've always loved peppermint for head and neck tension and for aiding your digestive system etc but now that I know it can help me with my Weight Loss Plan it makes it all the more awesome!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment